Friday, May 11, 2012

Shirt to romper

Several years ago I bought two similar polo shirts and wore them for a while.  Then passed them on to my sister to wear for a while.  She then passed them back to me.  And now they are going to my girls:)  Yes, I think I am getting my money out of these shirts!  

I saw this romper on zulily and thought it would be a fun sewing project to do for the girls.  
romper

So, when I retired these polos to the re-purposing stash, I decided to try the romper idea out.

As Pioneer Woman would say, "Here is the cast of characters".  But actually I guess if this were truly the "cast of characters" there would be a scissors, sewing machine, and serger:)  I'm just showing you the 2 original polo shirts and the tank and shorts I used as a pattern to make the romper.

I love the ruffle collar on the zulily romper, but thought the buttons were enough for these.  Can you believe I didn't do ruffles?

Summertime here we come!


1 comment: