Friday, November 30, 2012

Advent calendar

I've been wanting to do an advent calendar for a couple years and I finally made one this year!  My kids are as excited as I am!  They are counting down the days to Saturday in anticipation to start!  Hopefully they enjoy it all month long!

This is my inspiration from pinterest. . .
DYI Advent Calendar

And here is my calendar!

I cut stars from a brown grocery sack and sewed them together except for the top triangle.  Then, since the stars weren't big enough to hold gifts/candy, I made an activity advent calendar.  Inside each star there is a slip of paper with an activity on it for the day (ie:  read a Christmas book, make Christmas tags for presents, eat a red and green meal, go Christmas caroling, etc).  On the back of the paper I put a name/title of Jesus (ie: Jehovah, Redeemer, Shiloh, Truth, etc) with a scripture reference.  As a family we can look these scriptures up and the definitions of the names/titles.  I'm looking forward to sharing this with my kids!

1 comment: