Monday, July 22, 2013

Lawn chair makeover

Mike's aunt gave me this challenge:)  She loves this lawn chair because of the height and fit of it, but unfortunately it got a rip in it.  She turned it over to me to makeover however I wanted!  I was excited and took the challenge!



I chose this fun blue swirl outdoor fabric.  It was fairly easy to carefully cut the old pieces off the chair and use them as a pattern to cut new pieces.  But then the problem came:(  I knew it would be a challenge to awkwardly sew the pieces onto the chair but didn't realize til I tried that the chair legs wouldn't fit under my presser foot!  Bummer!  So, I got out the upholstery thread and carefully HAND-STITCHED all the pieces on!  I made a double row on the seat for added strength.  When I was done I CAREFULLY sat on it to try it out, and it held!  Yay!  Success!






No comments:

Post a Comment