Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer scarf gifts

Need a summer girly gift?  You've got to try out these scarves!  I used this tutorial:
and then adapted it a little which I'll show below.  
I actually made these for a friend who is having a brunch for some ladies.  These will be tied to each of their chairs.  How fun is that?
 The tutorial says to serge the edges, iron 1/4" under, and then sew.  So this is how that turned out. 
 But, with the ruffles and how the scarf curls up when you wear it, I didn't like seeing that serged edge as much.  So, I tried folding under twice and sewing.  This worked but was time consuming.
 By the third scarf I had it figured out.  Rolled hems with your serger are the way to go!  It creates a more dainty hem with a great finished look for the scarf!
Look what fun you can have with lightweight fabrics!

I hope the ladies enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment