Thursday, July 12, 2012

Recovered kitchen chairs

When it comes to home decor I love unique, unexpected, conversation starters:)
Such as. . . 
this bold shower curtain
 Or my "coffee table"
 Or masking tape wall decor???  and burlap ruffled lamps all in ORANGE?
 I say it's FUN!
And now it is time to get my kitchen chairs into the FUN mode:)

After 9 years of wear and tear this is what the seat looked like - yes, off-white fabric chairs are not so kid friendly. . .
So what was the fabric of choice?
Giraffe of course!!!!!  
And I LOVE them!  :)

 I did make these kid-friendly:)  Through blog land I found out there was such a thing as iron-on vinyl.  I found the fabric I wanted, ironed this vinyl on, and basically got "oilcloth" fabric to cover my chairs with.  They wipe right up!  Hooray for giraffe print chairs!

One more funny story. . .
A couple years ago when giraffe print purses were just getting big I was in search of a new purse.  I asked my sister if I should go for the giraffe print purse, but she wasn't so sure about them.  I ended up getting a plain yellow purse instead.  So when I had the idea for this project I couldn't wait to tell my sis how I was covering my chairs.  Good thing I chose to use the fabric somewhere not very noticeable!  Haha!  





1 comment:

  1. So I have a curtain problem that I could use your expertise advice on. How much do you charge? We just moved our bedroom into our front living room to make more bedroom space for our foster kids and now I have a big picture window in our bedroom! Not the most ideal, ha! We eventually want to replace the windows with smaller ones but until then (which could be a while) I need to figure out how to cover them in a way that isn't ugly. I have never had great taste in decorating so could really use your help. Of course only if you are intersted...ha ha. No pressure. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete