Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sewing for Kelly

Kelly came over last week for a little sewing/mending help.

Remember I'm willing to do most any project for/with you! Spread the word!!!!

Good thing she brought along such a gorgeous model:) Here Brooklyn is showing some jeans we hemmed up. I was excited to try a new technique I had seen online. You can keep the old hem on jeans and still decrease the length. This way it doesn't look so homemade!
If you look close you can see our hem line right above the yellow stitch of the old hem. Not noticeable at all when you wear them, and keeping the same roughed up/washed out look of the old hem. It worked great and was so simple to do!
This is a skirt made from jeans like my earlier post.
But. . .
We added a fun ruffle to the back bottom of the skirt! I love to try new things!
Enjoy your clothes, Kelly, and come back again with more projects!!!!

1 comment: