Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Curtains

My latest and greatest project has been bathroom curtains. I was given two pictures to copycat and then was on my own which I love! I much prefer making up my own way rather than going off of a pattern.

This is the picture of the window curtain.


And here it is in purple made by me! It's a little hard to tell with it lying on my bed instead of hanging up so you can use your imagination:)







Here is the picture of the shower curtain for me to copycat.


And here is mine! I love, love, LOVE how it turned out! So, hopefully Kasey does too! (the friend I made these for)

Want to know a little secret? I bought a full size sheet set to make this shower curtain. This way I could just hem the edges of the flat sheet and have no seams in the middle of the curtain. Then I used the rest of the flat sheet, pillow cases, and fitted sheet to make the flowers. Saves on work (piecing fabric together and hemming) and is comparable in price (or maybe even saves a few $).


Don't you just love these flowers?

Thanks Kasey for giving me this opportunity! Enjoy your curtains!

5 comments:

  1. you did great! i'm curious where both of those curtain pictures are from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shower curtain is anthropologie. I think the window curtain is from Urban Outfitters but not positive. There is a similar one from anthropologie too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love, love, LOVE them too!! I will post/send you pics when I get them hung :) You are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE them too!! :) great job Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amber, you are SO talented! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete