Saturday, October 15, 2011

Candy corn

I think candy corn are cute. I just decided this week :) And now I can't stop making candy corn things . . .

It all started on Tuesday when I signed up to be the story hour leader for Wed. I grabbed some fall books from the library and started looking up fall projects online to do with the kids. I was thinking something pumpkin, apple, leaves, etc. Then I ran to Jayden's parent/teacher conference and saw these super cute candy corn men hanging from the ceiling. There was my project!
The arms and legs didn't hold up so well :) But I think the kids liked them.

We had candy corn and popcorn for snack which was a hit!

I then wanted to use up some of the leftover candy corn so thought I would look up candy corn cookies online. I didn't use up my candies, but I found some super fun cookies! It turned out to be a fun project for the kids because I let them smash the food coloring into the cookie dough (they washed their hands first!:) I made a second batch to take to Family Hymn Sing Sunday night. Fun fall cookies!







No comments:

Post a Comment