Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cars pajamas

A dear friend asked me to make some pajamas for her granddaughter who loves the movie "Cars". She wasn't able to find any girly "Cars" pajamas, and when I mentioned buying fabric and making some she took me up on it! She bought the fabric (enough for me to make shorts and pants) and coordinating shirts and put me to the task. I was excited to have a new project and got to work right away. So here is the shorts outfit.
Shorts are complete with ruffles at the bottom :) Oh yes, don't forget to add ruffles to anything and everything you can!
I added a small piece of ribbon so she will know which is the back. I think it would be so fun to get my own labels someday, but we are still at the wish stage for now :)
And here is the pants outfit.
Complete with ribbon around the ankles.
And at the waist. I still made these elastic waist and just attached the ribbon on the outside to spruce the pants up.
Then I cut a car out of the leftover fabric, ironed it onto the shirt with fusible webbing, and stitched around it.
There you have it! "Cars" pajamas for girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment