Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas dresses

Christmas dresses are done! With just 2 days to spare:) Not that they HAVE to be done for the Christmas program, especially since they aren't even in it. But, we may as well dress up with everyone else, right? Here they are to show the style of dress. . .
And here is the outfit! (I can't find my camera so I have to use my phone and am bummed since it is NOT taking good pictures!)

And just so you don't think all my sewing projects are smooth and a perfect success, here is a little about how this dress came about. . .
I bought the red fabric with a skirt in mind. I started out making the skirt but didn't like it so started all over:) Then I remembered this dress I had pinned on pinterest. . . ADORABLE! or is it just the girl who is so cute?

Pinned Image
So, I started cutting out, got a zipper and ribbon at the store, and came up with this. Not my favorite :(
I decided to try different ribbon (with some advice from my sis!) This was a bit much I thought, so I went down to just 1 ribbon.
So, with a bit of piecing, ripping, and re-sewing I came up with the dresses!

1 comment:

  1. you are totally inspiring me. i just want to do something crafty. but i don't have a lot of staying power. i do an easy project and them i'm done for 2 years. :)

    ReplyDelete