Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Ironing board cover

It was time for a new ironing board cover. . . well, actually way PAST time! Wouldn't you agree?
I decided to try and use up some of my scraps once again. Do these fabrics look familiar? I used some of them on my scrappy skirt. And I'm still using the scraps!

Piece some small squares/rectangles together to make an oblong shape slightly bigger than the old ironing board cover. Place the old cover on top of the new piece and cut out the shape more exact but still slightly bigger (the actual board shape not just the rectangle).
Serge the edges.
Using the old string, fold the serged edge over the string and sew making a casing for the string. You eliminate the step of threading the string through this way.
Yes, I did throw away the old cover. I don't think I'll be trying to reuse any of that fabric!
Put the new cover on and pull the string tight. Ahh. . . much better!

1 comment:

  1. Super Cute! Maybe I would actually iron if my ironing board was this pretty :)

    ReplyDelete