Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Nativity puppets

Home with 4 kids for over Christmas break and what to do? I was searching online for Christmas crafts and found these cute nativity puppets. http://thesecretisgratitude.blogspot.com/2010/12/homemade-nativity-puppets-from-felt.html We made a run to Hobby Lobby and purchased the felt. Then got to snipping and gluing and drawing and made our own nativity set. The boys have had fun and got to put on a puppet show for the Grimm Christmas. We hope to share it with the Adams' too:) Here is the cast . . .
I drew the scenes and the boys helped color. I'm definitely no artist (as you can tell from the pics) so I think I'll stick to sewing:)


I'm picturing embellishing this a bit each year. This year I used a rhyming nativity story found on the blog mentioned above. I narrated the story while the boys held up the puppets. Someday they'll be able to have their own speaking parts and we can add the girls in too! I think they'll be so fun to pull out year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment